Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Ticking boxes

While in London there are a certain number of things One Must Do. This is my list so far. If I don't have a 'box' for something you're going to ask me if I've done, do comment and let me know.
  • Buckingham Palace and the Changing of the Guard
  • Tower of London - check.
  • Big Ben - check.
  • Houses of Parliament - umm, sort of. I wandered past them...
  • Westminster Abbey
  • The Tate Modern - check, though there are still more floors I'd like to do.
  • Tower Bridge and London Bridge - check - I've walked over both.
  • Windsor Castle
  • Hampton Court Palace and the Labyrinth
  • British Museum
  • Madame Tussaude's
  • Go to that toy store with five floors - check
  • London Eye
  • At least one of the inner city parks - check. Done a few now.
  • South Kensington museums
  • Go out in Soho - check. What strange bars you have. "All the better to drinkify you with".
  • Get rained upon - check.
  • The Tube - check. I'm pretty good at the Underground now.
  • Get your transport delayed by a suicide on the Tube - check.
  • Take a red double-decker bus - check
  • Take an above-ground train - check
  • Catch a black cab
  • Get lost - check, Mr. Pullar.
  • Get into a conversation about communism in a dodgy-looking pub - check.
  • Get mugged (might try to skip this one if possible)
  • Camden Markets
  • Slimelight
  • Go to the Leon Paul factory shop
I will keep you all posted on my progress, but I may have to delay a lot of them until I arrive back in London after doing the rest, especially those things which require weekends.

In other news, the Isle of Man's ferry compnay, the Steam Packet Company, have rather badly bollocksed their bookings. Luckily I read the website and found this out, because they had me booked for a ferry I could not have possibly caught as it departed before my train arrived at the port. Happily, they have now booked me for a ferry which it IS physically possible for me to catch, and it will take me five less hours to reach the Isle of Man. Yay.

Update 24/05/07: Went out in Soho! They have bars which are like... like cool things. And they have bars which play metal, and have garlic in their shots. Don't believe me? Let's ask Learned Cat.

There you have it folks. Last night was also Caturday. Do not click link, or it is can be caturday for you today.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Four words: Leon Paul's factory shop

Grunok said...

Argh! Argh! Argh! How could I ever have forgotten?! Anyone have any gear orders? I will be home as soon as I have spent the rest of my money... *sigh*. Still, it's for a good cause.

Unknown said...

Nothing from me at least, I can get stuff easily in the States, but just going to a place that sells and makes fencing gear is cool. When I went they gave me a tour of the factory which was really interesting and worth doing if you can, and now they've moved to bigger premises I believe.

Anonymous said...

Hmm, some of the swords from the Tower would be good ... a few suits of armour; yeah, that is my order.