Friday, March 02, 2007

Kolkata and Indian Rail

Just a quick one today guys; I'm not sure if I will have time to post tomorrow so I thought I'd whip up something now.

I have arrived in Kolkata (aka Calcutta) in a safe, if not timely manner. My train was five hours late! Kolkata is - at first glance, anyway - different from Delhi in that it has fewer people, marginally less pollution, more nuns and is rather a lot hotter!

Actually, my discourse on the rail system may have to wait: I think I'm due back at the hotel for dinner. Hope everyone is well; leave me comments, or email me! Will post more later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jos
I actually read your blog! Wish I could be there too - have wanted to go to India for yonks (as you know). You will just have to tell me all the best places to go when i finally get there...
Miss you already. Enjoy!

Karly